Join one of the premier continuing and online education organizations in the nation to manage the development of the first skills-focused training platform offered by top universities. The University of Wisconsin-Extension has created the University Learning Store (ULS) in partnership with the University of California Irvine, Los Angeles, Davis; the University of Washington; and the Georgia Institute of Technology. The University Learning Store is an online marketplace where consumers can earn credentials for a variety of professional skills.
We are seeking a motivated Program Manager to manage and grow the University Learning Store. The Program Manager will collaborate with stakeholders to: set strategic priorities, strengthen operations, engage external stakeholders, and assess and adjust the organization’s direction in response to a changing environment—ensuring that the ULS is evolving with market needs and operating effectively as a cost recovery operation. The Program Manager reports to the Senior Associate Dean. To learn more about the University Learning Store, visit http://universitylearningstore.org/
- Strategically lead the growth and expansion of the ULS, establishing the Store as a viable, cost-recovery operation.
- Manage all business aspects of the ULS, including planning, forecasting, budgeting, evaluation and reporting.
- Lead continuous growth and management of the ULS curriculum—identifying and retaining the services of subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with partners including the University of California Irvine, Los Angeles, Davis; the University of Washington; and the Georgia Institute of Technology; and the UW System to create and curate content and verifiable assessments that effectively align with market demand.
- Work with colleagues to coordinate product development and provide services that support, grow and continuously improve ULS operation.
- Develop sustainable and efficient methods to support partners and independent experts in developing content for ULS.
- Work with the ULS-engaged software vendors to solve problems and engage in the development of solutions that improve the student experience and optimize ULS programming and services.
- Engage external constituencies in ULS growth and operation—including developing relationships with clients in need of ULS products and services, and growing mentor and business participation in professional communities within ULS.
- Build a knowledge base of strategies and best practices to address a growing demand for alternative post-secondary credentials and share with relevant internal and external professional communities.
- Launch and lead a ULS advisory board.
- Develop and operate an annual University Learning Store budget.
- Supervise ULS staff as assigned.
- Master’s degree in business-related field, adult learning/education, or other relevant discipline.
- A record of success in managing and influencing multiple stakeholders—fostering cooperation, consensus and collaboration.
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong entrepreneurial orientation—with experience in budget management and/or cost-recovery operations.
- Demonstrated program management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to assist others with problem solution.
- Familiarity with one or more learning management systems (LMS).
- Exceptional interpersonal and (oral and written) communication skills.
- Technical skills and/or instructional design skills.
- Experience working in higher education environment.
- Knowledge of professional and/or continuing education.
- Knowledge of open badging and/or micro-credentials.
- Familiarity with one or more learning relationship management systems (LRM).
- Creative idea generator.
How to Apply
A complete application will include the following:
- A letter of interest addressing applicant qualifications and experience as they relate to the responsibilities of the position.
- A professional resume.
If you are a current UW Employee, visit your UW Self Service account, under Recruiting select Careers and enter 13336 into the main search field.
Please direct requests for information to:
Amy Kiska, Human Resources Specialist
To Ensure Consideration
For assured consideration, complete applications must be submitted by August 21, 2017.