The University of Wisconsin-Extension, division of Continuing Education, Outreach and E-Learning (CEOEL) is currently seeking a highly motivated and passionate Enrollment Adviser to join our growing Student Affairs team. The Enrollment Adviser will be responsible for proactively following up on leads generated through marketing campaigns, using various channels to recruit students to collaborative and flexible option degree programs and certificates, and meeting recruitment targets. This person is responsible for developing and advancing prospective student relationships with an ultimate goal of increased enrollments in supported programs. It is estimated that the Enrollment Adviser will be able to move 500 new students per year to admissions advisers.
The audiences are prospective students seeking online learning at a distance and the work is largely performed using technology that engage these audiences including phone, email, conferencing software, etc. The Enrollment Adviser will work out of our Madison office on Research Park Boulevard office and conduct all communications with prospective students through these various virtual modes. This position is not offered remotely.
This role requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, some evenings and an occasional weekend to accommodate program demands. Each week, Enrollment Advisers will work one or two days of shifts until 7:30 PM and the remaining work days at regular office hours.
To learn more about our programs, visit https://ce.uwex.edu/for-students/.
- Recruit prospective students who inquire about the collaborative and flexible options programs, certificates & online courses
- Follow up on leads generated through the marketing program meeting identified metrics for contacts and admissions
- Provide excellent customer services to prospective students; respond to inquiries with accurate information about programs and execute seamless hand off to advising colleagues
- Collaborate with colleagues in marketing, admission, advising, and student services to obtain up-to-date information for prospective students
- Use prescribed recruitment plan to contact leads at various stages in the recruitment cycle and update student records accordingly
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all program offerings
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum one year work experience in recruiting, customer service, advising or comparable field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to match message delivery to audience needs
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Passion for higher education and working with students
- Knowledge of customer relationship management systems, Salesforce preferred
- Knowledge of higher education and/or college admissions and recruitment
- Demonstrated knowledge of recruiting life cycle and best practices
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- A positive attitude, high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Self-directed, with the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities on a daily basis
- Demonstrated ability using conferencing software and technology
- Goal-driven to achieve targeted results
- Demonstrated customer service and advising skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
HOW TO APPLY
A complete application will include the following:
- A letter of interest addressing applicant qualifications and experience as they relate to the responsibilities of the position.
- A professional resume.
References will be requested if selected as a finalist. References must include at least one current or past supervisor.
If you are a current UW Employee, visit your UW Self Service account, under Recruiting select Careers and enter 13436 into the main search field.
Please direct requests for information to:
Erika Bengtson, Human Resources Specialist
To Ensure Consideration
For assured consideration, complete applications must be submitted by September 14, 2017.