The UW Leadership Development Certificate is designed for current higher education administrators, managers, and supervisors, or any UW System employee interested in developing leadership skills. This comprehensive professional development series offers:
- A personalized, ongoing model for deep learning and sustained growth
- Multiple assessments of individual leadership capabilities
- The opportunity to build a leadership support network
- Small-group learning opportunities with peers and experts
- Individualized coaching for participants who choose to complete the requirements for a certificate.
To earn a certificate, participants must complete the four core courses and one elective course.
Core courses include:
- The Influential Leader (September)
- The High Engagement Leader (October)
- The Strategic Leader (January)
- The Innovative Leader (March)
2016-2017 Electives are:
- Increasing Your Personal Brand – Public Speaking for Small and Large Audiences (May)
- Effective Conflict Resolution Skills and Strategies for the Workplace (June)
The UW Leadership Development Certificate builds on existing leadership skills by offering a customized approach to each topic included in the curriculum. Participants will also receive feedback about the five leadership behaviors that leaders need to develop to thrive in this uncertain environment.
Each course is 1.5 days in duration. All courses are taught at the Pyle Center in Madison, Wisconsin. To allow for travel time, courses will begin at 10:00 a.m. on the first day and end by noon on the second day.
As an added benefit, certificate graduates are eligible for personalized leadership coaching. Once all five courses are complete, participants will be contacted about their interest in working with an experienced leadership coach. Up to three leadership coaching sessions will be available in order to focus on a specific organizational challenge or personal development goal. There is no charge for this opportunity if you are a certificate graduate.