Working Title: Software Developer
Academic Title: Information Processing Consultant (Associate or No-Prefix)
Unit: Information Technology
Location: 5602 Research Park Blvd, Suite 300, Madison, WI 53705
Appointment: Academic Staff, full-time
The Software Developer will work closely with our users and business analysis team to develop functional solutions to projects of varying sizes. This person will create, extend and maintain software and bring creative ideas to help implement and enhance software platforms. This position works both independently and as an integral part of a software engineering team. The ideal candidate will bring object oriented programming experience and be excited to code in a variety of languages on new, innovative projects. Our portfolio includes Learning Management Systems (LMS), Student Information Systems (SIS), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and integrations to systems on partner campuses.
- Develop custom code for a variety of different platforms, in a highly iterative and innovative environment.
- Participate in the complete development life cycle for CEOEL platforms including design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance.
- Work consultatively with constituents to understand needs, identify and mitigate project risks and apply problem-solving skills
- Build strong, collaborative, interpersonal relationships with internal and external colleagues, including partners within UW System.
- Document business rules, technical requirements and participate in peer reviews.
- Help to improve software quality through automated and manual testing.
- Troubleshoot heightened tickets in all systems with internal IT support, colleagues, and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the development of repeatable, reliable processes for software deployment in different environments.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with modern programming practices and structured development techniques, utilizing languages such as Java, C#, PHP or Ruby
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Desire to learn new technologies and develop solutions using a variety of integration technologies, patterns, and approaches.
- Excellent verbal and written technical documentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and standards such as LTI and Caliper
- Experience with one or more of our current technologies:
- Salesforce and Apex
- Service oriented architecture (SOA) via web services and data exchange
- Demonstrated experience with team-oriented software development, including quality assurance, version control and deployment tools
- Experience working with relational database analysis and reporting tools such as Tableau.
- Experience with NoSQL database platforms.
- Experience working in the higher education environment.
HOW TO APPLY
A complete application will include the following:
- A letter of interest addressing applicant qualifications and experience as they relate to the responsibilities of the position.
- A professional resume.
References will be requested if selected as a finalist. References must include names, email, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references including at least one current or past supervisor.
If you are a current UW Employee, visit your UW Self Service account, under Recruiting select Careers and enter 13272 into the main search field.
Please direct requests for information to:
Amy Kiska, Human Resources Specialist
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
For assured consideration, complete applications must be submitted by Monday, July 31, 2017.